Sunday, November 2, 2008

Armed Forces Foundation and Punkin Chunkin Pageant

On my way to North Carolina, I stopped to volunteer with Uncle Joe and Monika for the Armed Forces Foundation dinner at McGuire Veterans' Hospital.  Thanks to Uncle Joe for sharing these photos with me.


I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had at the Punkin Chunkin Festival this weekend. Ellie put together an incredible pageant!!! Really, I can't say enough positive things about all of Ellie's hard work to make this pageant a success. All of the contestants were adorable (younger ones) and the older ladies were beautiful. The actual competition was short and sweet, which was an original goal. The crowns and sashes were perfect!

This post won't be complete without mentioning the judges - they were just terrific!!!! They all want to return next year! A special thank you to Will for our wonderful VIP Tour of the grounds. We are all so excited to return next year (and I am already googling RV rentals!).

As for hair styles in these photos - remember, it was COLD and WINDY!








1 comment:

  1. Hi there!!!

    This is Nicole Passwaters, the Little Miss Punkin Chunkin winner Hailey Passwaters Mommy!

    I have pictures you asked for, I just need an email to sned them to, there is not one listed on the autograph card you give me :(

    Also, I got brave and I have entered myself in the Ms. Delmarva (size 12 and up class) Pageant. I am soo nervous. Hailey or I have never done this type of thing before.

    Thanks for a great time and for being so inspiring to the all the girls that were there!

    ReplyDelete