Time: Pageant - 10:30AM
Registration - 10:00AM
Date: Saturday, November 7, 2009
Location: Punkin Chunkin Stage
See www.punkinchunkin.com for directions
Competition: Speech (Name, Age, Something about yourself, Favorite Activity at Punkin Chunkin; 30 second speech) and Beauty Walk (please wear weather appropriate stylish clothing for Punkin Chunkin; jeans and a cute warm jacket are perfectly acceptable)
Prizes - Everyone wins a Pumpkin Tiara and Flashing Lights Pumpkin Pin; Runners-up will receive larger pumpkin tiaras and contestant sashes; Winners receive a Large Tiara, Sash, and Pumpkin Pin
Miss Punkin Chunkin will receive $100 scholarship to be paid to the accredited school of her choice!!!
If there is a profit after producing the pageant, the scholarship will be increased!
Age Divisions: Little Miss (5-9), Junior Miss (10-14), Teen (15-18), Miss (19-24)
Maximum of 8 contestants per age group will be accepted.
For Entry Information Visit: www.punkinchunkin.com (will be posted shortly) or email email@example.com
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-753-1115
1) All judging decisions are final.
2) Age: Age is determined as of the date of the pageant.
3) Residency: There is no residency requirement. If you are willing to travel and enjoy Punkin Chunkin, we are happy to have you join in the fun of the pageant!
4) Deadline: The deadline to enter the pageant is at the pageant registration (10:00AM on November 7, 2009), however, contestants are encouraged to sign up early because if your age division is filled (8 contestants) before pageant registration, you will not be permitted to enter the pageant.
5) Contestant should be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime (misdemeanor or felony).
6) Contestant should not have any children or bore any children.
7) Contestant must be single and never married.
8) A maximum of 8 contestants for each age division will be accepted.
9) Line-Up: The first contestant to enter will go last in her age division, the second contestant to enter will go second to last in her age division and so on.
10) Clothing: Please wear weather appropriate clothing that is stylish and cute. You should not
have to change clothes after the pageant to enjoy Punkin Chunkin. Jeans and a cute jacket with a scarf would make a great competition outfit.
11) Clothing will not be judged.
12) Little Miss Contestants may not wear makeup, except clear lip gloss.
13) Junior Miss Contestants may wear minimal makeup (mascara, lip gloss, and a little bit of blush would be fine).
14) Teen and Miss Contestants may wear age appropriate every day makeup.
a. 1-10 points for poise during speech
b. 1-10 points for personality during speech
c. 1-10 points for facial beauty on stage
d. 1-10 points for grace on stage
16) Speech: Each contestant may use up to 30 seconds to tell the audience their name, age, school, something about themselves, and their favorite part of Punkin Chunkin.
17) Prizes: Each contestant will be awarded a pumpkin tiara. Winners will receive a large tiara, sash, and pumpkin flashing lights pin. Other prizes may be awarded.
18) Scholarship: If scholarship money is awarded, contestant understands that she must submit a copy of a bill/invoice from her school (can be college, trade school, or accredited educational institution) and the Punkin Chunkin Association will pay the school directly. Scholarship money is not given to the contestant, it is only given to the school. Contestant must claim her scholarship dollars by November 7, 2010 or she forfeits the same.
19) If Little Miss Contestants have trouble with their on stage speech, they will be asked impromptu questions by the emcee. No child will be left on stage to be embarrassed in a “frozen” moment. Points will not be deducted if this occurs due to the young age of these contestants.
20) Please remember that this is a fun pageant. We want the ladies to feel special, no matter where they rank after the competition. This is why we reward everyone with a tiara. We encourage you to wear your tiara while you enjoy the rest of your day at Punkin Chunkin!!
21) We expect the pageant competition and awards ceremony to last approximately one hour.
22) Please come to the pageant by 10:00AM so that volunteers can assist with getting contestants in line for competition.
23) Please be prompt! We are on a tight schedule and cannot guarantee that you will have the opportunity to compete if you come late.
24) Punkin Chunkin is held in Bridgeville, DE. For directions to the Punkin Chunkin, see www.punkinchunkin.com. The pageant will be held outdoors on the stage where the bands all perform.
Thank you to everyone for all of the facebook comments.
Here are the answers to your questions:
1) What is Punkin Chunkin? It is literally a contest to see who can build a machine to "chuck" the pumpkin the farthest. It is VERY fun to watch and national televised each year! See their website for pictures from last year. (link is on the side of my blog)
2) During this contest, there are a lot of activities - such as cooking contests, amusement park rides, live music, food (LOVE FUNNEL CAKE) and this pageant!!!
3) How did this get started? Dr. Ellie (Mrs. Delaware US 2008) and her husband really enjoy attending Punkin Chunkin. Last year, Dr. Ellie got in touch with the Punkin Chunkin Association and offered to produce a pageant.
Think of your typical festival pageants - they are quick, fun, and very inexpensive. Dr. Ellie wanted to produce a pageant to introduce more ladies to the positive aspects of pageantry, while minimizing the cost and stress level.
We felt that we accomplished that goal last year :-) Everyone had fun, everyone won a tiara, and the pageant competition lasted less than 30 minutes.
Please note that the $20 entry fee is merely to defray costs of providing each contestant with a sash and tiara.
Punkin Chunkin fits us into their schedule and gives our queens the opportunity to assist with the prizes at the conclusion of the World Championship Punkin Chunkin Event.
4) Why I am organizing the event this year? Because as much as I know that Dr. Ellie can handle everything that comes her way (and does so beautifully), she is very pregnant and I am hoping to keep this year's event off her plate as much as possible!!! Plus, I have an awesome director and great friends (even facebook friends!) who are offering to help :-)
Here is a link to last year's photos:
OH OH OH - Last year's queens will be invited back to assist with crowning :-)
Also, all Moore Pageant Productions current state and local titleholders are invited as special guests (and I will be putting some of you to work :-).