Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT SERVE and SERVED OUR COUNTRY!

House Organizing:
I purchased metal shelving for the garage from Home Depot.  What a great bargain!!!  For less than $180, I was able to create a lot of (somewhat) organized storage space.  I wish I had taken photos of what our garage looked like before I started my long cleaning process.  To say the least, I felt like a complete failure that within one week of moving into our new home, neither of us could park our cars in the three car garage due to lack of room! 
These photos show my progress (still have several pieces that need to be donated / given away, so there is still a lot of used space, but I am getting there).

This is where I usually park my car.  I still have a bit to move around, but it is better than before when I was stepping over skis every time I got in or out of my car.

See that backward painting that is leaning up against something?  Stuff used to be piled all the way from the wall to that point, save for about two feet of walking space.  It was clutter city.  Now that everything can be stacked on these really nice shelves, it is much easier to get from the car to the house.

This space also was filled, save for about two feet of walking area.  So happy that I now can easily walk from my car to the house.
Next up, I need to shed some more items in the garage and find a basket for Hubby's fishing stuff.  Then, we should be able to fit two cars in the garage with the third bay being used for the snowblower and lawnmower. 

On a side happy note, look what showed up in our yard:

Rocco found him during his morning walk ;-) Rocco did not like him.....and he did not like Rocco.  Hubby and I thought that it was just cool to see him. Soon after Rocco left him alone, we watched him walk back into the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment