Sunday, April 21, 2013

What I Wore - Mrs. Pennsylvania International 2013 - Part 2 of 2

FASHION LINK UP: 
http://watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.com/2013/04/watch-what-im-wearing_28.html  

http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2013/05/what-i-wore-wednesday-116/

http://getyourprettyon.com/i-feel-pretty-maxed-out/


Continuing with my pageant wardrobe, this post covers Saturday's pageant events, including competition events.  

I am excluding fitness competition because every single contestant must wear the national fitness outfit (a two or one piece Mrs. International red/black fitness outfit).  I must comment that I do love the fact that this pageant judges fitness without a bikini!

Interview:
I wore a dress by La Petite Robe purchased from Neiman Marcus.  The price tag is not for the faint of heart, but the dress was worth every penny!  I styled it with white modern earrings from Nordstrom and LK Bennett nude heels.


Mrs Contestants for the title of Mrs. Pennsylvania International 2013:
Sara Snyder - Mrs. Coatesville
Teena Handline - Mrs. Philadelphia
Me - Mrs. Newtown
Cheryl Heim - Mrs. Lehigh Valley
Melissa Smith - Mrs. Bensalem
Dr. Jill Snyder - Mrs. Hazelton 
Linda Zaneski - Mrs. Wilkes-Barre


Rehearsal:
I wore a Cabi outfit: jeans and a lace top over a silk camiBecause I get cold easily, I added an Evy's Tree Brilla to stay warm.  I also wore this outfit after the pageant so that I could be comfortable when cleaning up and loading my car.

Cheryl - former Mrs. Pennyslvania International (I think 2006)

Two of my awesome girlfriends!  Beth Leska (my idol!) - Mrs. NJ US 2006
and Heather Cunningham - Mrs. NJ International 2010


Opening Number:
Danielle Micale (Mrs. NJ International 2011) gave me this dress.  She thought that it would flatter me and it did!  I wore Heather Hemingway (www.heatherhemingway.com) earrings that belonged to Mary Moulds (Mrs. NJ International 2009).  The shoes are from the Benjamin Walk line and can be purchased from our fabulous pageant sponsor Jean LeSesne Designs (https://www.facebook.com/JeanLeSesneDesigns).


 

On Stage Interview:
Susan Huntly (Mrs. PA International 2008) and I found this incredible outfit at Neiman Marcus.  It is by Carmen Marc Valvo.  I purchased shoes by Benjamin Walk (you can buy these shoes and/or fabulous jewelry from our pageant sponsor: https://www.facebook.com/JeanLeSesneDesigns)

Earrings were borrowed from Dawn Hicks (Mrs. PA International 2011).

My girlfriends and I did a quick wardrobe review on Friday night to ensure that I had the right earrings and shoes with every outfit.  We didn't change a single thing, but the review pumped up my confidence because I really loved my choices.




Evening Gown (and crowning!):
My dress was purchased from Heidi Scheer (Mrs Ohio International 2011), owner of Pageant Couture (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pageant-Couture/198924373482471).  I trust Heidi's taste, style, and advice.  
 
The gown is by Tony Bowls Collection.  I LOVE purple and love rhinestones!  So this dress completely hit the mark for me!!!

I have never competed in a pageant with my husband.  This was, without a doubt, the absolute highlight for me!!!  Seeing his smile, his love, and his support while in the midst of competition was simply the best feeling.  I really felt that my husband and I were a TEAM; it wasn't me on the stage, it was "us."  I firmly believe that it made a difference!



 Professional Pageant Photos by Richard Krauss (www.richardkrauss.com).  
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and representing my home state of PA!!! Woo hoo! I'm super proud of you, you are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOW!!! You look AMAZING. Congratulations from another PA girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete