Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What I Wore Posts

When I was little, playing dress up using my Mother's old dresses and heels was a highlight.  Another fun activity was using more than several JCPenny catalogs to play "wedding" by picking out your wedding dress (and you were even allowed to mix the top of one dress with the bottom of another), your bridesmaid dresses, and then flipping to the back of the catalog to select furniture that would grace your new wedded home.  My childhood best friend, Mary, was the brainchild behind this awesome game!

Couple this with the fact that I was constantly wearing my mother's and aunt's high heels (my aunt's heels were terrific because she had incredible taste and the shoes fit me!) and breaking into my mother's makeup (she had to move it to a higher shelf to keep her makeup intact), it is easy to say that I was a "girly" girl.

As an adult, I still love to dress up in fabulous clothes and my love of shoes and makeup has only grown.  Hence, I love sharing What I Wore with other bloggers and have a grand time reviewing posts by other bloggers.

These posts have the added benefit of allowing me to share tidbits about my role as Mrs. Pennsylvania International 2013 with a broader audience. 

And, just so this post really does relate to "What I Wore" - here is a new addition to my closet straight from the sales rack!

Dress: Kate Spade (check KateSpade.com, as well as Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, and Neimans - they all run Kate Spade Sales - if you are diligent, you will never have to purchase any Kate Spade item that isn't on sale).
Shoes: Earthies
Jewelry: Clear Rhinestone Choker by Sarah C Jewelry (found on facebook); Flower Pendant by Sabika; Earrings by Blessed Inspirations Jewelry (found on facebook).
Trying on dress in Kate Spade store; I later purchased from Neimans (best sale price)

When I wore the dress yesterday, I styled it with the jewelry below.

LINK UPs:
The Pleated Poppy

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love a sweet deal on a pretty Kate Spade dress! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute floral dress. It's one of my faves, too!

    By the way, I've updated my blog with a new post. I'd love for you to swing by :) www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your floral dress. I wore a floral skirt today, lol. =) You're so gorgeous!
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, what a gorgeous look!!

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete