Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Flag Day

My director, Jodi Cessna, asked me to participate in the Flag Day ceremony in Altoona, PA as the National Anthem singer.  It was a perfect day (not too hot, not too cool).  Many people came to celebrate the Flag that graces Gospel Hill.  The ceremony was held in Heritage Park in downtown Altoona.

The keynote speaker was terrific!  He gave a great speech and shed a few tears when telling the audience about some of his experiences in Vietnam.  I was happy to see that so many parents brought their children to the ceremony - I believe that it is important for children to learn from our Veterans. 

Here is a short video about Gospel Hill: CLICK HERE

Jodi Cessna (Central PA Community Foundation) - Mistress of Ceremonies

Renee, me, Dad
John Kazmaier: my former neighbor in Hollidaysburg and a very active man that serves his community
Another guest (and veteran) and I with George Montgomery
WHAT I WORE:  Well, this was another Lilly Pulitzer warehouse sale steal!  Shoes - my staple item - Earthies in a taupe color (I pretty much wear these shoes all the time).  I wore pacific opal earrings, but I will try and find a better matching earring. 

LINK UPS:

1 comment:

  1. That dress is amazing, Marci! Your beautiful smile is the perfect accessory.

    ReplyDelete