Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mrs. International Orientation

I apologize for not getting around to posting sooner about my Mrs. International experience.  The week was extremely busy and I have been using this past week to catch up on work and housekeeping - neither of which are caught up!

Here are some photos from Orientation, which occurred on Tuesday evening.


PA, NY, and NJ - Cessna State Titleholders

I just had to share what Siri said to me when I wanted to tan on Monday!
WHAT I WORE:
Sometimes, there is no need for new clothing.  In this case, I purchased a new dress and it was promptly ruined by bad tailoring (when the dress is so tight that you cannot sit in it, you cannot wear it - so some really thin teen contestant will hopefully buy my $700 dress off of pageant resale for about $150; I am so disgusted with my local seamstress.......).  So, about three days before I left for the pageant, I went to my closet and decided the best thing to do was to repeat what already worked for me.  

I am wearing a Dorothy Perkins dress with LK Bennett heels and black earrings from Cache that are at least a decade old.
I wore the dress HERE and HERE

As much as I love new clothing, I have learned from doing these What I Wore posts that there is truly no reason to be buying more clothes when you have great items already available in your closet.  Wish I would have come to this realization before spending $700 on a single dress that was ruined......

LINK UPS:

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your $700 dress that didn't really work out but I agree that it's best to reuse what we have in the closet... Although there are times that a new special dress is just needed.

    Congratulations on this experience! Must be awesome! :)

    Visiting from the Watch What I Am Wearing blog hop,
    Rhea @ Rhea Et Cetera

    Happy Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marci, thank for linking up with us on friday favourites. How diappointing on spending so much on a Dress that gets ruined grrr. Sometimes we forget about the nice dresses we have already in your closet. You looked super pretty. I have been an Exchange Student in Erie, PA and I have studied law too :-)

    Greetings from Germany and you have a new follower via GFC :-)


    ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete