Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mrs International - Day 2 - Chicago Mall and Rehearsals

By the close of Day 2, it was obvious that this pageant is extremely well organized and produced.  The production staff were so kind; and their ability to do their job well equaled their kindness.  The pageant staff are simply the nicest people that I have met.  I don't think I have ever felt so comfortable while competing in a pageant.  I truly believe that it was in part because of the tone set by the pageant staff (and Mary Richardson). 

As highly as I can speak of the production and pageant staff, nothing rivals the quality of the contestants.  It was simply the best pageant experience of my life.  There are not enough good words to describe the other contestants.  When Mrs. Ohio and I hugged Mrs. Washington good-bye at the after-party, I seriously wanted to cry.  I miss the ladies that I met and thank God for facebook and the ability to keep in touch easily.  Some of the contestants privately offered to be an ear for me during my fertility challenges; sometimes, you just feel that God truly blessed you by ensuring that you were in the right place, at the right time, and meeting the right people.  I am so grateful for the Mrs. International Pageant experience because I met the best women!!!!

Here are the photos from Wednesday (before rehearsal - which will be my next post).

BOTANICAL GARDENS


 


Hotel Lobby Photos:
Susan and I attended law school together, she was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and we competed together!
LOVE SHOPPING AT THE MALL:
Mall in downtown Chicago
Can you take a wild guess where my outfit (and Susan's outfit) was purchased?

What I Wore: If you haven't already guess, my shoes and dress both were purchased at White House Black Market.  My necklace was by Sabika.  The earrings were purchased from Elena Maratos.

Susan's dress and shoes are likewise from White House Black Market.  We joked that we were going to be school girl twins for the day - at least in matching styles.

LINK UPS:

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! You are gorgeous, love.

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete