Monday, September 23, 2013

Miss America Pageant and New York International Pageants

My girlfriends and I decided to attend the Miss America Pageant for a girls weekend.  We will not be repeating this adventure.  It is something that I recommend you do at least once if you are a pageant girl, but not worth the cost or the effort for more than once in your lifetime.

Here is what I wore:
Top and Skirt from Bebe - purchased that day!
Shoes from Dillards (either Melani or Gianni Bini)
Jewelry: 14mm fuschia rhinestone rivoli earrings (forget where I purchased those); necklaces by Elena Maratos, Sabika, and Sarah C Jewelry.
Hoodie - Evy's Tree - it gets cold walking in and out of hotels; and I refused to be cold while watching the Miss America pageant - so this hoodie got some use!

As for the pageant, Kim and I left early.  You couldn't see much from our seats.  We all agreed that the view from television is much better and we won't bother ever going to the live pageant again.
Pre-Dinner Photo of my girlfriends and I

Style Link Ups:
The Pleated Poppy


At the beginning of October, I traveled to New York to judge the New York International Pageant!  Susan (Mrs. PA International 2008, Mrs. Northeast International (top 15 at Mrs. International), and a very close friend) traveled with me as she was also judging.  We loved meeting all of the contestants!  After the pageant, I forced Miss and Teen PA queens to do a photo with me which turned into a very fun photo shoot for many of us!

 I wore several outfits during the weekend, but the only one really pictured is a Heather French Henry gown that was covered in crystals by Diane Speacht of Altoona, PA (she is a master seamstress and designer).  You need to see the gown in person to get the full effect, but it is simply stunning!!!


 

4 comments:

  1. Marci - I ADORE that necklace! It is an outfit maker on it's own. Purple is your color. Cute hoodie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, Marci. I am glad I found your blog. You are beautiful and I love your feminine style!

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love the peplum dress and you have so rocked it! Loving the necklace and the entire look. Your GF's , all of them look beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your exp..I have stopped watching any pageants for a long long time now..just read the news about them, and all the scandals/controversy around is enough to turn me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!!!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete