Saturday, May 25, 2013

Boy Scout Luncheon - Altoona, PA (May 21, 2013)

The DeGol Organization was honored with a Civic Award at the Boy Scout Luncheon on May 21, 2013.  My brother gave the speech accepting the award on behalf of the DeGol Organization (I think my dad felt that he did enough speech writing and public speaking with his Rotary speech).  David (my brother) did a great job!  It was a honor to be asked to sing the National Anthem at the event and a true pleasure to hear a speech by an Eagle Scout and learn about a great project for our Veterans in Tyrone, PA.

I was so flattered to see my name tag!

My brother offering to be a chaperone to the awesome Boy Scout camp in West Virginia (there are days that I wish I were a boy!)

Brother (David), Me, Dad (David), Renee

My incredible cousin, Tony DeGol

David and Gram (Lena DeGol)

Aunt Polly, Gram, and Renee

Love Gram's purple!



Uncle Don, David, Me, Renee, Dad, Uncle Bruno, Bruno 3.0, Lea, Don, Jr.


WHAT I WORE:

LINK UPs:
Watch Out For The Woestmans
Style Elixir

The Pleated Poppy
Get Your Pretty On



Purple Dress by Milly - available at Nordstrom

Jewelry - Sabika's Chic Stir pendant necklace and earrings

Denim rhinestone choker in 6mm stones (very similar to Sabika's choker pictured above) and rainbow chokers are both from Europe
Elena Maratos Necklace


Shoes - taupe sandals available at Dillards; these shoes were very comfortable given their height.



After the luncheon, I took Harlow, Renee's terrific new dog that she fostered since her birth, for a walk around my dad's driveway.  Harlow is the sweetest thing on earth; she is so much fun!




2 comments:

  1. First off, I grew up near Altoona which is just crazy. Secondly those shoes! Wow, what's not to love about them. You looked gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete