Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Eye Make Up Favorites

Eye Primar
Fran Krauss taught me about these first two products:

Prime Time Primar from Bare Minerals either HERE or HERE:


Eye Liner
Estee Lauder's Double Wear Pencils are my most used.  I own onyx (black), coffee (dark brown) and a midnight blue (blue/navy).
Lancome Art Liner is terrific, but I feel that the L'Oreal or NYX Studio Liquid Liner are alternatives at a much lower cost.
I find that the Art Liner is rarely in stock in dark brown; same for the L'Oreal.  So tonight, using my 20% Ulta discount, I purchased NYX.  I only tried it on my hand, but I LOVE this brown color that I purchased. 





Eyeshadow
Now this is difficult because there are so many good options on the market right now.
Urban Decay's Naked 1 Palette (I did not like palette 2).  Also, palette 3 and their matte palette both look great, but I have already moved onto Stila.
Stila's Palettes are great because, like Naked Palette, they have fabulous pigmentation.
I use In the Light:
 And when there was an Ulta sale, I purchased two eyeshadow quads from Bare Minerals.  WOW - these are awesome, especially because I only paid $15 for each quad!  I own The Truth and The A List:

For Brittani's wedding, I wanted to create a soft purple look for her (her wedding colors were purple).  I found this POP Beauty palette on Beauty.com at a 20% discount (sign up for their emails - they are the only site that every once in awhile offers Nars cosmetics and other high end brands at a full 20% discount - this never happens at Ulta).
The Amethyst Palette - LOVE THIS PALETTE!

Mascara
I have always been a Lancome fan, however, I have been CAREFULLY using only one mascara recently: Bare Minerals Lash Domination
You must CAREFULLY use this.  It took me over a month of practice and I still get big black racoon eyes.  It is a big brush and I have small eyes, so if you are not careful, you will end up with a mess.  However, no mascara has ever come as close to making my lashes so long and full.  I love it that much that I will not recommend any other brand at this point (but if you have naturally long and awesome lashes, then go to Lancome so you can avoid the mess because that is a downfall of this mascara).

No comments:

Post a Comment