Sunday, January 26, 2014

Punkin Chunkin November 3, 2013

For the past six years, I have been a volunteer co-director for the Punkin Chunkin Pageant held in conjuction with the World Championship Punkin Chunkin Association's annual festival.  I like to say that we bring some sparkle to the corn fields!

Dr. Ellie started this pageant and gained the permission and support of the Association.  The pageant assists in bringing new individuals to enjoy an incredible the fundraising Chunk festival, which celebrates unique innovations in throwing pumpkins.

I wish I would have put my crown and sash on for more photos, but it is dirty there....so as much as I wanted to wear the crown and sash all day, I also wanted a clean crown and sash to take home.  Nonethless, I regret not getting more photos - where else does your crown sit atop a fleece pumpkin hat!

On the Friday before the Sunday pageant, I learned that I was pregnant!!!!  After 2.5 years of trying to conceive, it was an understatement to say that my husband and I were over the moon!  We have since learned through DNA testing that we are going to be giving birth to Kevin Charles McNair, Junior!

So, before pageant festivities really started, I had the fun of announcing my pregnancy to my friends (who help make this pageant possible each and every year!).  I met Susan and Kim at a restaurant in Rehobeth Beach on Saturday night (we always stay overnight to have a quicker drive on Sunday morning).  I walked into the restaurant and showed them a picture of what Kevin got me while we were on vacation:
Needless to say, we were all crying....and then Kim and Susan enjoyed cocktails.....I watched ;-)

The next morning, I did the same with Ellie!  So exciting to share such wonderful news with close friends!

Punkin Chunkin Pageant Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment